Thursday, January 26, 2012

puppy chow

have you ever made this before?
I used to make it all the time when I was in high school a century ago.  I kinda forgot about it and was in the cereal aisle the other day and remembered!  So I bought the Chex cereal and went to town!


1 box of Chex cereal (corn or rice.  I used rice)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2-2 cups confectioners' sugar

(when I was young I omitted the butter and vanilla)

Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips together.  Add vanilla.  Stir.
Pour chocolate mix over cereal and stir (or mix with hands) until coated.
Add confectioners' sugar to coat.  (if you put the mix in a bowl with a top that seals on tightly, you can put the sugar in and then seal the bowl and shake it up, baby!)

Next time I think I might replace the peanut butter with Nutella!
I know.  I'm wild.
;)



No comments: