Sunday, July 3, 2011

BIRTHDAY!!

yesterday was my birthday.  it was a nice day.  I woke up super early so my sweet oscar and I made some lanterns out of more mason jars. 


 here's one hanging on my front porch.  LOVE!


my sweet husband eventually woke up and we went to brunch.  We both ordered french toast with sliced strawberries on top.  I ate the strawberries before I took this pic.
so yummy!

at breakfast I opened my birthday present from my husband...  

a manduka yoga mat!  yay!  I've been wanting one for quite a while.

later on... we spent some time preparing for our 4th of July party on Monday and then took some time to relax.  Then some friends came over, we had dinner, went to a movie, and then came back to our kitchen...


 I always end up making my own birthday treat since I'm the sweets maker.  We baked cookie dough in these little souffle dishes and scooped ice cream and chocolate syrup on top.
SUPER YUM!!
and so easy... and I can make a single serving for the husband when his sweet tooth beckons.

No comments: