Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DIY fabric flowers

After making my fall wreath this past weekend, I decided to post a tutorial on how to make some of the fabric flowers I glued to it.  So here's what I made this afternoon...

supplies... a strip of material (this is about 2.5 inches wide and 11 inches long), fabric scissors, needle and thread, buttons, hot glue gun

fold the strip of material in half longways

begin to sew along the open edge of the strip weaving the needle through allowing the material to bunch up on your needle.

 when you've made it through the whole strip, it should look like this.  pull the thread through and connect the sides so it makes a full circle.

add a few stitches to connect each side, then trim thread.

when you turn it over, it should look like this.

hot glue a button and there's your nifty little flower!

Attach it to a headband, clip, purse, shoe, wreath or whatever you want to add a little snazz to!

2 comments:

Herrington Photography said...

Thanks for posting. I am glad you did. My next wreath will have these fabric flowers.

Capable Girl said...

super cute!