Wednesday, September 7, 2011

my childhood art.

Since I have married, we have spent quite a bit of time going through all of our stuff and deciding whether or not to keep it, chunk it, sell it, or give it away.  Since both of my parents have already passed away, I am stuck with "sentimental" items such as...

Mother's Day 1987 plate... ha!  what is that green, red and black rectangular thing on the lower right hand side?  It looks like part of an animal cell (mitochondria or something?)

So what do I do with this stuff?  I have a lot of it and we just don't have the storage or need for it.  Do we keep it for sentimental value??  The answer to this question is no.  We do not keep it.  This is what cameras are for.  We take a picture of it and chunk it! 


3 comments:

Herrington Photography said...

Amen, sister! That's exactly what I've been doing too. More power to the organized!

Capable Girl said...

As a fellow childhood-sentimental-item-thrower-awayer, I commend you!

Jennifer Wilson said...

I love it. I completely forgot about making those. I also think the square thing is awesome.