Wednesday, November 23, 2011

DIY burlap stockings


too soon???
nahhh.


I decided to hand embroider names on the stockings... 
you know, just to be more difficult and time consuming.
I found a pretty font, printed everybody's name and traced it with a pencil on fabric.

It's not too difficult to make your own template for a stocking.  So I got 3 pieces of card stock, taped them together, drew a big fat stocking and cut. it. out.

hand embroidery time!

using the template, I cute out 8 pieces of burlap and 8 pieces of lining

using pinking shears, I cut squares of the names I embroidered 

I sewed the names on the unfinished stockings, then sewed the stocking together inside out, turned it right side out, put a ribbon on it and...

aw.
aren't we a cute family of stockings!



1 comment:

Herrington Photography said...

I love it! I thought about doing that too. Such a great way to use up some of that left over burlap!